How Telehealth Can Improve Patient CareMed Miles LLC
Concerning health information services, health education, and health services in a broad sense, the term telehealth is all-encompassing. And remote doctor-patient consultations (telemedicine). In addition to the ability to remotely detect fluctuations in a patient’s health at home. Telehealth technology also authorises remote diagnosis and evaluation of patients. So that medications or specific therapy can be modified accordingly. It also enables the electronic prescribing of drugs and remotely prescribed treatments.
So, we will learn in this article How Telehealth Can Improve Patient Care.
Examples of Telehealth:
- Recipients use a mobile app to check blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body.
- Patients through an online self-service portal. Such as the Patient Portal, to view their lab reports, book appointments, and order prescriptions.
- Online reminders to patients for medication refills, vaccinations, or medical examinations.
How Telehealth Can Improve Patient Care
Providers see follow-up visits as an important way to confirm that they have made the correct diagnoses. And evolved the best treatment plans for their patients. But patients don’t always keep follow-up appointments because of the cost and difficulty of getting to the doctor’s office.
Telehealth’s video conferencing makes it easier for patients to keep follow-up appointments. Making it more likely that their treatment will be successful.
Improve Clinician workflows:
The quality of care a patient receives is associated with several factors. Some of these include healthcare infrastructure and resources, physician satisfaction, and patient engagement. Ensuring the best patient outcomes requires a good balance of these elements.
This is how Telehealth Can Improve Patient Care.
- A report by the National Academy of Medicine states administrative duties and tasks. That does not improve patient care often takes up a physician’s time and affects their ability to provide quality care.
- The same report highlighted that a positive work environment is essential to improving population health, job satisfaction, and social support.
With a telehealth platform, once manual processes required a lot of time. Or an in-person visit is now streamlined with technology, leaving clinicians to focus on providing excellent patient care. Doctors can monitor their patient’s health in real-time and communicate with them about their symptoms, medication adherence, and concerns.
Follow-up After Hospitalisation:
Telehealth is ideally suited to improve patient outcomes after hospitalisation by enabling easier follow-up care. Providers can virtually assess a patient’s condition and response to treatment. This allows them to intervene on behalf of their patients before costly readmission to the hospital is necessary.
Easy Access to Critical Needs:
This pandemic has certainly prompted many specialists to seek alternative ways of providing critical cardiovascular care. Due to the current situation, there has been an evident increase in stress and anxiety. This is why people have suffered an increase in heart problems and mental health problems.
Improving Treatment Plans:
There are times when treatment plans include steps that naturally do not make sense in a personal office setting. For example, managing patient medications and performing diagnostic test reviews can be more easily done privately and virtually. Telehealth provides providers with a wider range of care options without additional cost or burden to their busy medical offices. Telehealth promotes better continuity of care while reducing the cost of care and improving patient compliance and overall clinical outcomes.
This is How Telehealth Can Improve Patient Care. So, read carefully.
Your central care clinic may have an online patient portal. These portals offer a more secure way of contacting your provider instead of email. The portal provides a secure online tool for the following:
- Write to your provider or nurse.
- Ask for prescription refills.
- View test results and summaries of past visits.
- Schedule visits or request a preventive care appointment reminder.
If your provider is part of a large healthcare system, the portal can also provide a single point of contact for all the specialists you may see.
Availability of Specialists:
Telehealth breaks down the reach barrier by ensuring the availability of specialists to patients. If you are a general practitioner and unsure of the diagnosis, you can easily refer your patients to a specialist, which will greatly improve patient care. In addition, as a patient, you will feel more confident in the opinion that the specialist approves.
Radiologists can Reach you from Anywhere:
Radiology may change completely for many radiologists after the pandemic. Advanced digital technologies are becoming more and more common among patients these days. People can now access their diagnostic digital reports from anywhere in the world. Most urban hospitals and practices were hesitant to let radiologists do their work remotely. This new era can be a wake-up call for most hospitals. It also opens up a new opportunity for radiologists to set up their clinics.
The care we can Get with Telehealth
- Results of laboratory tests or X-rays.
- Mental health treatment, containing online therapy, counselling, and medication management.
- Recurrent conditions such as migraines or urinary tract infections.
- Skin conditions.
- Prescription management.
- Urgent care problems such as colds, coughs, and stomach aches.
- Postoperative follow-up.
- Treatment and follow-up for attention deficit disorder (ADD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy.
- Remote monitoring services to help you track your health goals. And control chronic conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
So, we are here to provide information about How Telehealth Can Improve Patient Care.
Benefits of Telehealth
- Virtual visits are becoming increasingly popular. Although in-person office visits may be necessary in certain cases, telehealth care has many advantages.
- Limited physical contact lessens everyone’s exposure to covid-19.
- Virtual visits provide you with health care wherever you are – at home, at work, or even in your car
- Virtual visits reduce travel, time off work, and the need for childcare.
- Virtual healthcare gadgets can shorten the wait for an appointment.
- Better access to specialists located far from your hometown.
- Telehealth is not ideal for everyone or for every medical condition. Be sure to discuss any disadvantages or risks with your healthcare provider.
Telehealth has the potential for better-coordinated care. But there are also risks of gaps in care, excessive use of medical care, inappropriate use of drugs, or unnecessary care. Providers cannot perform a physical exam in person, which can affect the diagnosis.
Hope you have find the answer of question How Telehealth Can Improve Patient Care.
The potential benefits of telehealth amenities may be limited by other factors such as cost. Some people who need better access to care may be limited because they don’t have access to the internet or mobile devices. People without internet access can access telehealth services using wireless internet offered in public places.